Tangy, sweet cranberries… Crunchy, salthy almonds… Chewy, mild oats…. Mmmm…. Sounds like fall.
Cranberry Oat Almond Squares
Makes 8 bars
1/3c old fashioned oats
2T roasted salted almonds
3T dried cranberries
1T nut butter
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Transfer well-mixed ingredients to a sheet of wax paper, big enough to fold over the top of the mix.
3. Fold the extra wax paper over the mix and roll flat (1/3in thick)
4. Freeze for 1 hour (at least)
5. Spread on glaze and slice.
6. Store in the freezer.
Peanut Butter and Honey Glaze
1/2T coconut oil
1/2T peanut butter (or other nut butter)
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Microwave for 20 seconds, and stir until well mixed.
3. Let glaze sit and thicken until the bars are done freezing.
Nutrition: 82 calories, 3.5g fat, 20mg sodium, 12g carbs (<1g fiber, 8.5g sugar), 1.5g protein.